Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stories from the Athletics Sports

Wow! what a great day. Yesterday the first stop was the 6 year old girls. They went to the balls. It is where you put the ball in your guts and you do 3 jumps. It was hard but I did it. Thankgoodness it isn't the running race because Jessica always wins! I can't run a running race. Oh no! the 6 year old girls have to go to the running race. I can't do it. I definitely can't! Then the lady said "On your marks, get set go!" I ran as fast as I could. I crossed the finish line. My mum was proud of me. I was proud of myself. There are still more activities to go.
By Lilly

"Ready, set go!" said Mrs Bellamy. I thought Mika would sped up. We had to go around a big field two times. I was getting puffed. I past the finish line. I came first. It felt like I was an Olympic person getting a gold medal for Outram School.

By Jessica

Wow! the sports were amazing. I got in the finals. I was so proud with Katrina. I ran so fast that I almost fell over. We all tried to be first. I did not get first. I was feeling like a road runner. We did a long distance run. I got 6th in the long distance run. It was a good day for athletics. There were lots of people there.
By Angel

I was excited when it was athletics day because I was going to get second and I did. Mum and Grandma came to watch me. My favourite activity was the beach flags because I came second. I got in the finals. I was proud of myself so was mum and Grandma. They thought that I did well. At the end we did races and I got in the finals then we did it again and I didn't get anywhere.
By Emily

On Monday it was a fantastic day. I was flying through the poles. Mum was cheering for me. We moved to the beach flags. I had to lie backwards, it was hard. Sam and I snatched for the stick. We had to have another race. "I got it. I got it" I said. I was so proud of me. It felt like worms sweating down my face. I got two points. I pushed a ball over the cones. My second throw I got one point. I thought I was going to do a big, huge throw but I didn't do a good throw at all. It was a small throw. "Ready, set go!" we slowly walked the 400 metre race. It was just not walking it was probably running. So since we ran it all we were puffed and exhausted. "Ready, set go" we are doing the 400 metres now. I am coming 1st. I looked back I have got motor crossing bikes in my legs. I got four points. I got into my line. I am doing the 40 metre race. I heard the whack. I zoomed off. I still had those zoomy motor crossing bikes in my legs. It was a tie. I had to do it again. I came 1st place. I was buzzing! I went driving home. It was a fun and cool athletics.
By Trey

At athletics day I thought it was very hot and that I needed a bigger water bottle. I loved the race at the end because I got to see how good I was. In the race I thought that I would get something different but all I got was one point. I thought that I might get a different number but I guess that's that. Then, when I did my long distance race, for my warm up I walked. Before my long distance race I felt like there were jumping jelly beans in my tummy. When the starting lady said "On your marks, get set, go!" I raced ahead of my self like a volcano was going to erupt. I got one point but I was still proud of myself.
By Elizabeth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice storys will